Meet the Beyond Beauty Project
Our Journey to Sustainability
Transcending our role in the local beauty space by taking responsibility not only to advocate but to also act.
Using our platform to positively influence and impact.
Providing our community with opportunities to contribute to a collective movement for all.
The Beyond Beauty Project symbolizes our commitment to sustainability, cruelty-free beauty, gender equality, and women empowerment.
Purpose-led. People and planet.
This is our first step in creating a better world.
FOR THE PLANET
Let’s start with one goal: becoming low waste.
The beauty industry is one of the biggest sources of packaging waste—producing ⅓ of landfill waste, spilling over (literally and figuratively!) to the long-term. Attaining 100% sustainability, single-handedly, can be a challenge.
High-quality, reusable, and long-lasting lash products
- The simplest and most obvious? Our lash products are all reusable for a period of several months to one year (depending on frequency of use and proper care, of course!).
- Less of a need for repurchase and disposal of your lash pair
- Assisting in repairability of lash pairs, if and when needed
Compostable and recyclable packaging
We are innovating our packaging with more eco-friendly materials which comply with the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council™) Standard (Chain of Custody Certification)—utilizing compostable sugarcane for our eco lash trays, and kraft paper for our mailer packaging.
- Responsibly sourced raw materials
- Low plastic
- Less production of waste
- Enabling responsible disposal, if and when needed
- Enabling reusability of main packaging
Conscious Collection Campaign
We have kickstarted our internal efforts to living more consciously! Our first step? Reducing waste and practicing proper disposal within our households through our collection initiative. Our first target is to collect plastic in our homes to be donated to The Plastic Flamingo (PLAF) for them to extend its life through recycling! To learn more about The PLAF, visit their page here.
We only use safe and quality ingredients.
Here at Luxx, we ensure that our products are made with safe and quality ingredients, good for both you and the planet.
Vegan and Cruelty-Free
- All our products are vegan and cruelty-free, creating healthier ecosystems. With animals often being bred purely for testing or killed for beauty products, choosing to exclude animals from our production process allows them to thrive and play their natural role within our world’s complex ecosystems.
- Cruelty-free products also correspond to safe ingredients for people and planet, seeing that testing is not required and any laboratory emissions are eradicated.
No harmful, toxic chemicals
- All the ingredients used in our products are non-toxic, made with no harmful chemicals. By choosing to limit chemicals significantly and promoting responsible disposal, we are ensuring that waterways, soils, and our air remain clean.
Our reusable and durable lashes are made from premium faux mink (PBT plastic fibers), with no toxic chemicals. For further information on our ingredients, you can read more here.
FOR THE PEOPLE
Part of the Beyond Beauty Project journey is ensuring that societies are supported by proper structures and systems in order to create healthy and livable communities for current and future generations.
As a brand, we too have the responsibility to create a positive impact on people and our society. The road isn’t easy, but it’s a start!
Here’s how we’re supporting social sustainability:
Partnering with local communities through our fundraising initiatives.
Practicing equality and diversity.
Everyone deserves to be treated with mutual care and respect no matter their differences! As an all-women team, we are working hard to ensure everyone is represented in all that we do—our external partnerships, our messaging, as well as our customer features and collaborations.
Promoting health and wellness within the workplace
Our team’s health and wellness matters to us too! Recently, we’ve been practicing the following:
- Frequent team check-ups
- Performance Development Plan
- Quarterly Pulse Survey
- Mental Health Week
- Mental health leaves
- Team building and bonding activities
Honoring our commitment to remain honest and transparent within and outside our company.
Whether it’s about our products, processes, or initiatives, we are consciously trying to practice honesty and transparency by keeping you up to date with our latest initiatives!
WHY ALL OF THIS MATTERS
We know—it’s a lot to think about and it can get overwhelming, too! While it’s difficult to go 100% sustainable, taking the time to educate ourselves and do what we can—no matter how small—can create an impact too.
In fact, education is likely the first and most important step in any journey towards a sustainable world—allowing us to understand our motivations and possible negative or positive impacts on the future, pushing one another to ask questions, and consequently even driving governments and businesses to come up with solutions.